Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Good afternoon!

I hope everyone enjoyed his or her snow day. I know I did! We spent the day playing, shoveling lots, and we even made a trip to the library!

TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW FOR MCBETH. DO NOT MISS OUT ON THIS WONDERFUL EVENING OUT, WHICH INCLUDES DINNER AND A SHOW PUT ON BY OUR FANTASTIC SJA STUDENTS IN GRADE 7-10! TICKETS ARE $30 WITH CHILD CARE AVAILABLE FOR AN EXTRA $5/CHILD. WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START THE FAMILY DAY WEEKEND!!!!!!

A few important reminders/important dates

We are out of Kleenex and running low on Lysol/Clorox wipes. If we could get some in that would be greatly appreciated.

Pre-registration forms due February 20th. 

McBeth Thursday February 12th. 

Oral Presentations Thursday February 26th.

DRA and OWA testing has started and will continue next week.

Phone calls will hopefully begin this week!

MATH

Today was our Unit 4 – Multiplication and Division test. I will have them marked as soon as possible. I will also be sending them home so parents can have a look! I would ask that you sign the test and send it back. Tomorrow we start our journey in Data Management!

LANGUAGE

Today we worked on spelling lesson 11. The students wrote the words in their agenda and then completed the spelling activities. Once finished we worked on our poems and speeches. I had originally asked for the good copy to be done by Wednesday but because of the snow day I will move it until Thursday. Therefore we have today and tomorrow to complete our rough copy and begin our good copy. I am very happy with what I have seen so far. Please read over you child’s speech and assist them anyway possible As for the poems, we are continuing to memorize and read with EXPRESSION AND TONE!

U.O.I.

Today I introduced our new unit of…MEDIEVAL TIMES!!! I am so excited about this topic. There are so many exiting things to talk about. Some of the themes we will be talking about are the Feudal System, housing, clothing, arts and entertainment, Religion, and town life. Those are just a few!  We also hope to make a trip to Medieval Times in Toronto. Today we organized our UOI binders and will start tomorrow with a new KLW chart.


We have finished the healthy living UOI unit!!! Our KWL chart is complete!



Two of the fantatic menus! I cannot wait to look at all of them!

Have a great night!!

Mrs. Hocevar :)



No comments:

Post a Comment